Vista on an eo….
A few people asked me what steps I took. Using Partition Magic 8:
- I defragged C and D.
- I converted the D restore partition to a primary NTFS partition.
- I resized the D restore partition to be slightly larger than 3 gigs and moved it to the end of the drive.
- I resized the C partion to get 20 total unused GB between C and D.
- I created a new 20 GB primary NTFS partition between C and D. I named it L (longhorn).
- I booted XP and downloaded the latest Vista beta build from connect.microsoft.com (I’m an official beta tester. No, I won’t send you the ISO.)
- I mounted the Vista ISO as my E drive using Daemon Tools.
- I ran the installation, specifying L as the target.
Update: Some drivers work, some don’t.
Trackbacks / Pingbacks