I have a few changes planned for the next release, but I haven’t had any time to finish them up. March will be less busy, so expect the next release on, say, 3/15/07. Planned features for that release include:
- A “next” button in the upper right hand corner of the screen that you can use to rapidly skim your unread items and mark them read.
- The ‘subscribe to feed’ feature.
This was a very easy change to make, but one I’ve been wanting to make for a long time.
Changes in Release .9.3 – 1/19/07
- New Feature! Items can now be flagged for followup. To view items flagged this way, click the View Items for Followup button in the feed list. In Google Reader, scroll to the bottom of your feed list and click on the ‘followup’ label.
Looks like people have been trying ReaderMini and have some great feedback.
Adam Pash of LifeHacker welcomes the improvement ReaderMini is over the official Google Reader Mobile app, Jason Clarke of DownloadSquad says it works great in Opera on Pocket PCs, Kevin Tofel of JKOnTheRun likes ReaderMini’s footprint on the 7 inch UMPC screen size.
Changes in Release .9.2 – 1/17/07
- Refresh Feed List button is back.
- Removed some words from the footer to make more room. “connections:” became “ajax:”.
- Various skin improvements.
- Get Next Page is now at the top and bottom of all feeds.
- Get Next Page works for starred, shared items.
- Get Next Page works for category river feeds.
- Show unread only may work for starred and shared feeds. Let me know. 🙂
Who says Google Reader doesn’t work on the Nokia 770 and n800 Internet Tablets? Check out the latest version of my unofficial Google Reader front end, ReaderMini.com.
Changes in Release .9.1 – 1/14/07
- Text in feed list now lines up better.
- Brand new theme!
- Button locations have changed.
- No more (0) if a feed is stale.
- Bold text has been removed from the feed list.
- Fix: Hide/Show stale feeds now works again.
- Added rudimentary AJAX progress indicator to several buttons.
- Changed the icons for a few buttons – checkboxes everywhere!
- Fixed: Links from posts in category river views now work.
- FAQs, Credits added.
- Added a “Get Next Page” button. Works sometimes (normal feeds), but not others (starred items, shared items feeds, category feeds).