Gameboy Advance Games – Digitylish, Digilux, bit Generations
Nintendo is launching a new series of non-traditional games for the Gameboy Advance soon. [Update: Minisites for each game.]
Here’s what I know:
- The first series launches in Japan on July 13. The second series launches a week later. No information on a US release date.
- The series used to be called Digitylish. Check out IGN’s 5/2005 footage here.
- The series is now called Digilux in the US. IGN has US names for most of the games: Boundish, Chromatron, Dotstream, Orbiter, Rotohex, and Sound Voyager.
- In Japan, the series is called bit Generations. Play-Asia has them on sale as imports for $25 each.
- British Gaming Blog has screenshots.
- The official Japanese site (with video) is here.
I love games that offer really new and unusual gameplay. Nintendo and its allies are the best at it. WarioWare Twisted, Yoshi Touch and Go, Feel the Magic, Pac Pix, etc. Obviously, I’d prefer that these games were all on one cart and had more reasonable prices, but they all look like fun games, so maybe I’ll just have to buy them one at a time. Starting with dotStream.