Nintendo DS Browser (Opera)
My browser order from Play-Asia arrived today.
The video reviews from Joshua Zimmerman are accurate. I don’t have much to add, so watch his videos for a more complete look. Here are my thoughts:
- The browser renders as well as you would expect if you have done any browsing on a modern PDA or really modern phone.
- The page loading speed issue he mentions is pretty bad, but those of us who browse from our phones or PDAs already know that we have to pick and choose which sites we visit to avoid frustration.
- Cookies, HTTP Authentication credentials and History are all forgotten when you turn off the DS.
- Users cannot move around on the page while the browser is loading images.
- The interface text is in Japanese, so some options are not readable.
- You have to carry around the DS Browser card (as with any DS game) AND the memory expansion cartridge for the GBA slot.