I’ve been working with Dojo on a low priority project for the past several days. Here are my thoughts so far:
- This discussion list archive is extremely helpful.
- The tests are often more useful than the documentation.
- Dojo.Select is a very cool alternative to the HTML version, but I can’t find a way to set it’s value programmatically if the options are coming from a dataURL AND the option text is different than the option values.
- Whenever you have a problem recreating something you saw in an example, run that example against the version of dojo you are using. It MAY be that the latest dojo code is not compatible with the code you saw in the example.
- The dojo blog is fairly active.
- I’m having a lot of trouble with FormBind (the dojo AJAX mechanism used to post forms to the server), but I’m sure I’ll work it out. It probably has something to do with the fact that I have many forms on the page, not just one. UPDATE: Solved my issue and logged a bug about it (FormBind gives no feedback if the form’s action url is a 404.).
Wow, it looks pretty sweet. I’ve just been using prototype and scriptaculous, but Dojo has a lot more than just effects.
http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_FilteringTable.html is a pretty nice sorting / filtering / highlighting table.