ReaderMini.com version .3 is up!
It still has a ways to go before 1.0, but it’s a great way to browse your Google Reader feeds on the Nokia 770.
Release Notes are here:
Changes in Release .3 – 1/2/07
- Thanks to Jonathan Greene, Gregory Auld, keesj (in #maemo on freenode) and fietske (on Google Groups) for feedback/suggestions.
- Fixed: Mark read/starred/shared buttons no longer stack up.
- Fixed: Feed List no longer loses items.
- Fixed: Nokia 770 users can drag scroll the feed contents.
- Feeds now default to hidden if they are stale (no unread items).
- New Layout. Handles browser resize (including 770’s full screen mode) wonderfully.
- Fixed: Buttons are bigger, in general, for touch screen use.
- Font has changed to Bitstream Vera Sans where supported. Degrades to Arial if not supported.
- Fixed: When an item is marked read, the unread count for the feed is decremented.
- Fixed: Feed categories are now alphabetical.
- Fixed: Action words now, for feed item buttons (star,share,read).
- Lots of divs have been set up with classes and ids in preparation for beautification.
- Release Notes and Known Issues appear when the application is launched.
Changes in Release .2 – 12/??/07
- Fixed: Items now link back to their original articles.
- Feed List and Feed Contents are in their own independantly scrolling areas.
- Fixed: Feed Contents area resets to the top when a new feed is opened.
- Demo account set up. Use email@example.com / x to login.
- Fixed: Page Reload/Refresh now works as expected.
- Mark Read, Share, Add Star buttons added for each item.
- Red/Grey dots in the header show active AJAX connections.
- Mark All as Read button for the current feed.
- Mark All as Read button next to each feed in the feed list. inspiration
- Bug: Read, Starred, Shared buttons do not work in reverse to mark an item as unread, unshared, not starred.
- Next/Prev buttons.
- Add a FAQ Page, including info about the API (mention Niall) also: authentication, goals, contact, other apps,.
- Subscribe to feed button / dialog.
- Bug: Deal with auth and command token timeouts.
- Bug: AJAX requests don’t start the internet connection on the 770. Pop a dialog or put a request in an iframe.
- Bug: Image handling in Opera on the 770 might leak. After browsing several feeds with lots of images, images stop showing up. Workaround: refresh the browser. Solution: Find a way to clean up the images.
- Option to view unread items only.
- Next/Prev Page buttons.
- Override the cursor keys for next/prev hotkeys?
- River view for categories.
- UI is not clean enough.
- Add Icons to feed item buttons (star,share,read/unread).
- Feed List should be drag-scrollable on the 770.
- Browser compatability warnings. Pop a dialog if AJAX fails.
- Add a Favicon.
- Incorporate some of the great ‘reading feeds on a touchscreen’ discussion points at this post (where’d that link go?).
- HTTPS login.
- “Blog This” button.
- “Del.icio.us This” button.
- Tag functionality.
- Degraded mode for browsers that can’t handle dojo and ajax.
- Gregarius backend – no reason that ReaderMini shouldn’t integrate with other Aggregator software.
- Sliding feed list so more real estate goes to feeds.
- Keyboard shortcuts for non touch screen browsers (Sony Mylo)
- Outlook preview pane theme.
- Theme support.
- Get rid of “author unknown” text in some feeds.
- Show user email address.
- Optimize the updating of feed unread counters.
- Set the feed list to have overflow horizontally hidden rather than wrapping. Do a mouseover for the number of unread.