Updates on the Nokia N800
- New Application browsing/installing interface! ferenc joined us in #maemo on freenode. ferenc appears to be an official developer for the Nokia Internet Tablet platform. One of the big complaints about the 770 has always been the Application Manager interface required for installing apps. Nokia seems to be resolving this for the 770 and the 800 with a web based interface with easy “click here to install” buttons for each app. The draft version of that interface is here.
- Homebrew Developers for the 770 will be getting a huge discount on n800s.
- Nokia officially announced the new dev platform for the n800, bora. Currently, 770 users can’t upgrade to this platform, but I’m guessing that’s coming soon.
- Chippy put up a revised set of specs for the n800.
- As CarryPad is reporting, Milhouse on the #maemo freenode irc channel just discovered that the n800 is available in the Nokia Germany online store.
- I posted some information about the Opera and Flash specs for the n800.
- cman74 on Internet Tablet Talk forums revealed that 4GB SD cards work in the n800. With 2 slots, that means 8GB of flash memory to work with. More if the n800 actually can handle HDSD!
- VidConvert has been tested and works for the n800. VidConvert is an online free service that transforms videos to a format compatible with the Nokia 770 and n800.
- The n800 got slashdot exposure via linux-watch.
- The video I put up last night is getting a lot of visibility!
2 responses to “Updates on the Nokia N800”
Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- January 7, 2007 -
Just ordered myself an n800 and went for express delivery (next day). So I should have it tomorrow!
Still showing as “In Stock” at http://direct.nokia.com/Product.aspx?model=n800
I’ve had the order confirmation email from Nokia, so *fingers crossed*
Purchase decision made largely on the strength of your video and write ups of your experience with yours – so much thanks for those!