iPhone Application WishList
Without background sync capabilities in 3rd Party apps, some of these aren’t likely going to be available in the near future and some others may only be possible as Apple-built apps. Still, here are 10 iPhone apps I’d love to see.
1. Podcast downloader (using Wifi and 3G) with background sync.
2. Native Google Reader client with background sync.
3. Twitter reader with background sync and read/unread functionality.
4. Save YouTube videos for later, non-streamed, viewing (so Charlie can watch cartoon clips and ColdPlay videos).
5. “Back to My Mac” Screen Sharing.
6. Remote Desktop (for Windows PCs).
7. Multi-Protocol (AIM, GoogleTalk, Jabber, etc) Instant Messaging Client which runs in the background when not the active application.
8. UPNP video streaming client.
9. Wine ratings / search.
10. Better Photo-emails. The ability to send multiple photos in one email, easily, would be great!