Adobe Acrobat Reader for the Palm OS – DRM
OK, so my digital download at Amazon finally went through. Then, I had to figure out how to get the pdf processed, my palm ‘authorized’, and how to get the file transferred during hotsync. This was not user friendly. I almost gave up before I figured out how the process is supposed to work.
Here’s how it works:
- Download and install Adobe Reader 7.0.5 (you must use the latest version of Reader)
- Download and install Adobe Reader for PalmOS (or Pocket PC or whatever)
- Start Adobe Reader for PalmOS and choose to authorize your PDA – a hotsync will be required.
- Download your PDF.
- Run Adobe Reader 7.0.5(it should open automatically during the download).
- Reader 7 will unlock the document for your computer.
- In Reader 7, choose send to mobile device.
- Reader for PalmOS will start and will install the document on your PDA.
Now, if only the PalmOS version of Reader would use the full screen 480 x 320 screen, not just 320 x 320. Ugh.