Doctor Who: Doomsday
The finale of the second season of the new series was excellent.
At first I didn’t like the humor of the Cult of Skaro Daleks, but I’m with it now. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the new-this-season Cybermen battle cry of “DELETE”, though.
Here are some thoughts that are nagging me (beware spoilers):
- The Cybermen created in ‘this’ universe may still be around because they may not have void dust on them. However, it is possible that the metal and augmentations used to create them could be from the alternate universe, so I’ll take it either way.
- If there is a Torchwood in the alternate universe, then there must be a Doctor in the other universe. Torchwood is created as a result of his involvment, right? Would be interesting to see a spinoff episode or two where the alternate-universe-meddling-timelord meets up with Rose.
- Is the new series Torchwood in this universe? I hope the Doctor visits.
- With this effects budget, when are we going to get a tour of the TARDIS?
- The icon/badge/designation that the Daleks wear under their eyestalks: they are new with the Christopher Eccleston season, right? In Doomsday I noticed that two of them differed. Also, the casings of the Cult of Skaro Daleks were not uniform. Really cool.