Joe Hewitt demos firebug. If you’ve been using firebug a lot, this will mostly be a review, but I saw several things I hadn’t noticed before:
- There is a “log all calls to” option in the right click menu when you are inside a function definition in the script tab. Params are logged! If you want to log the stack traces, use console.trace.
- I use the box model display often, but I didn’t notice before that rulers are added to your page when you mouse-over the box. Nice.
- When you are editing an attribute in the HTML or the CSS edit modes, you can use cursor keys to increase or decrease dimensions.
- Documentation for the firebug API is coming soon!
- Ctrl-Click while debugging will “run to the clicked line”.
- When you are in the DOM tab, the variables you added to the name space are in bold at the top… handy.
- When you paste multi-line text into the console’s command line, you get a larger text area to enter your code.